560 Harrison Rd
Norway, Maine 04268
Phone: (207) 743-1936
All puppies will stay with the breeder until at least 9 weeks of age. Extra time from 9-16 weeks old is often necessary for the puppy.
Purchaser must choose their pup by the time it is 5 weeks of age and will do so either in person or by pictures e-mailed to them. If purchaser still has not chosen a pup by the age of 5 weeks, seller has the right to let the next in line make a pick and purchaser may choose from the remaining litter.
If for ANY reason purchaser changes his/her mind and no longer wants to purchase a puppy, purchaser agrees to forfeit the deposit to the seller. Deposits can also be placed on hold to use at a later time. Deposits are NON-REFUNABLE.
If in the event the female fails to produce a litter or if a litter is produced and there are not enough pups in the litter, then your deposit will then be transferred to the next available litter.
Please understand that it can take up to a year or more to get the exact puppy that you may want as far as color, sex, or size.
When making a deposit, you have agreed to the terms of this contract and will receive a copy for your records.
1) The Buyer agrees to provide a life-long commitment, comfortable environment, prompt medical attention, proper grooming, and responsible care. This includes keeping this puppy/dog parasite free and up to date with inoculations, proper nutrition, which consists of a good quality professional feed given at regular intervals, and fresh water available at all times. The Buyer promises to provide a safe environment for the dog, and never allow the dog to roam freely without supervision.
2) The puppy you are purchasing is of PET QUALITY. Seller does not represent this puppy to be a potential show dog. Registration does not assure health or quality of an animal.
3) The Seller guarantees this puppy/dog to be of sound health and temperament at the time of this sale. A health record of all shots and worming has been provided by the Seller. The Buyer agrees to take the puppy to a licensed veterinarian of his choice within 5 days for a physical examination.
Puppy is guaranteed for 1 year from date of purchase against serious genetic defects. Minor defects such as off bite, hernias, minor heart murmurs, and undecended testicles can develop several months after the purchase and are not reason for return or refund. Such conditions, if known, will be pointed out before sale.
We do not give a guarantee for luxating patella as this is a common condition in all toy breeds.
Should a major defect develop (something that will shorten the life of the dog), (heart, liver, kidney disease), a vet report clearly stating the condition must be provided to seller before a partial or full refund will be considered. At no time will a refund exceed ½ the purchase price of the puppy. For full refunds or to receive another puppy, the puppy must be returned.
Buyer should be aware that abrupt changes in diet, water, and environment can cause loose stool, stress cough, hypoglycemia or eating problems. Once the puppy leaves our care…we cannot be responsible for any consequences of hypoglycemia. It is the responsibility of the buyer to be knowledgeable on recognizing and preventing or treating low blood sugar. Seek veterinarian advice immediately if such problems occur and call us for advice.
4) The Buyers agree not to use this animal for breeding and agree to have it spayed/neutered at the age recommended by their veterinarian (usually 5-6 months of age). There is a $400 additional fee for breeding rights on our purebred puppies.
5) If at any time the Buyer can no longer retain possession of this dog, the Seller is to be notified. The dog will be returned with all AKC/CKC papers (if any) and medical records. Under no circumstances will this dog be sold, leased, traded or given away to any pet shop, research laboratory, animal shelter or similar facility.
We do not give refunds for returned dogs/puppies that can no longer be kept by the owner.
6) No guarantee is made as to disposition and conformation. It is impossible to accurately determine the EXACT adult size of any puppy sold; therefore, we cannot give any size guarantee. Size estimate is based on bloodline, age and size of puppy at time of sale.
This agreement is made and entered into in the State of Maine and shall be enforced and interpreted under the laws of this State.